Thursday 19 May 2011

Delving into wirework

So this week the lesson was about wirework jewellery, the most anticipated part of the course for me. I have been dying to learn how to do this properly, having tried with a previous piece I made. This time we used quite high gauge wire which means it should keep its shape a lot. I just need to gain a metal sheet and a rubber mat to be able to do some hammer designs (I like the appearance of flattened wire work). Well here are the pieces anyway :)


This network evolved from an experiment with different shapes. I was quite pleased with the outcome when I combined it with chain and beads. I keep looking at it as I'm very pleased with how the coiled eyepins came out, the neatest I have done yet I think!

The starter piece was actually the item below where all links were created in wire work, connected with jump rings. 

No comments: