Wednesday 1 June 2011

Starting to think about my final piece...

So for my course qualification I have to create a final piece, this should combine different techniques and should be more than one really. I have been thinking a lot about this and doodling a lot. I really like the wire-work but in  practice I'm not sure how I could make this work as a piece and look good yet. I experimented with a few different shapes and then returned to other techniques, combining them again. I made this piece to match a bracelet I made previously but combined it with ribbon this time (was using cord before):



I then made a few more pieces. Some combine beads with ribbon and jump rings:


I used chain, beads, eyepin links and wrapped headpins to make this one, along with some leaf charms from a broken necklace:


A colour variation on the "driftwood" style:


First time I have combines tiger tail with chain, think it came out quite well:

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Hey, thanks for your lovely comment!

I feel good knowing I stood my ground!

Loving your jewellery by the way! Where do you sell them? x

Salsera Jo said...

Yup you did well :)

Thank you, I dont sell them anywhere specific at the mo but I am in the middle of creating a website which I will start to advertise soon. Its www.magpiebyjojo.co.uk any feedback would be great appreciated. Its just up to see peoples opinion at the mo, the gallery on the necklace page was a test but friends have said its too difficult to understand so take a look and let me know what you think :) x