Sunday 15 May 2011

A little free time...

So I have has a little free time today, kind of unexpected as I was intending to do lots of marking but realised that I had left most of it at work. All ready for tomorrow so decided to make some jewellery instead. I bought some necklaces of the market yesterday, didn't like the combinations but liked the variety of beads so didn't feel bad about destroying them :)

It seems the more I am doing this the more I am working with pink - which is weird considering I don't even really like pink!!

I decided to start with using some cord as I was really pleased with one necklace I made which incorporated both chain and cord. I had some similar discs from the dismantled necklaces but this time they were gold so went for a more vibrant cord this time, paired with pink and blue beads.


So this was the first piece and I have to say was really pleased with it. I think the colours go very well together, kind of has an antique feel to it with the tarnished gold.

I then used beads from the same necklace along with some gold tiger tail making a 2 strand necklace. I am still unsure of this style even though I think it came out well. Probably because it only uses one technique and I seem to like the effect of combing them, cord with chain, eyepin links on their own and with chain, ribbon with beads....


Looking back over pieces I made before starting the course its nice to recognise my own development. I'm glad I was able to discover these other techniques as it really has developed my own designs.

No comments: